That’s because companies are never done. There’s always another project, initiative, opportunity or challenge they will face tomorrow.
And they will turn to you again and again for help with those things, assuming of course that you play your cards right from the get go.
For example, you need a proven framework for conducting “sales” conversations that gives you the chance to showcase your full scope of capabilities at the outset of the client relationship.
You don’t want to wait until after you finish the first coaching engagement or consulting project to then try for a sales conversation about what else you can do for them. That’s terrible timing, and it will cost you a lot of income.
It’s also important that you think broadly about ALL the tools you have in your coaching toolbox or consulting toolbox to help your corporate customers.
A common misstep we see with executive coaches and corporate consultants is only having one or two arrows in their quiver.
Coaches often think only in terms of one-on-one coaching and team coaching. Meanwhile corporate consultants often think only in terms of strategy meetings and strategic plans.
But in reality, there is any number of ways in which you can “serve up” your expertise to your corporate clients, depending on what strategic problem you’re helping them solve.
The bigger your toolbox, the more creative and responsive you can be in putting together coaching programs or consulting solutions that best address your corporate customer’s challenges, and the more revenue you can generate.
To get you thinking more broadly, here’s a list of 57 service offerings to consider having in your executive coach or consulting toolbox.
- One-on-one coaching
- Team coaching
- Open-door coaching office hours
- Coach-the-coach training
- Assessments – third party (such as Kolbe, DiSC, etc.)
- Assessments – proprietary (i.e. assessments you create)
- Stakeholder interviews
- Focus groups
- Strategic asset reviews or desk audits
- Strategic needs assessments
- Custom research
- Competitor analysis
- Market analysis
- Best practices analysis
- Executive briefings
- Strategy days
- Meeting facilitation
- Internal executive roundtables
- Project plans
- Succession plans
- Communication plans
- Long-range strategic plans
- Development of goals, KPIs, & measurement tools
- Development of vision, mission and values
- Design, mapping & roll-out of new processes
- Development of new policies & guidelines
- Half- & full-day workshops
- Multi-day seminars open to multiple companies
- One-on-one training sessions
- Experiential excursions & team-building activities
- Off-site retreats & meetings
- Online training programs
- Licensed training content
- Q&A with the expert sessions
- Total curriculum design
- Custom training content development
- Toolkits, templates & action guides
- Train-the-trainer services
- Staff augmentation
- On-retainer strategic advisory services
- Project management services
- Framework & methodology designs
- Employee & customer manuals
- Turnkey, pre-written communications (employees, customers, etc.)
- Event design & planning (internal or external)
- Meeting design & planning (internal or external)
- Video scripting, filming & production
- Marketing content writing, design & production
- Top-leader meeting presentations
- Creation of advisory boards
- Vendor & supplier sourcing & selection
- Outsourced services (recruiting, wellness programs, etc.)
- “Fractional” CXO support (partial CFO, CIO, etc. “on retainer”)
- Mobile & web apps
- Books & supporting manager toolkits
- Branded motivational products
[bctt tweet=”When you have more arrows in your quiver, you can be more responsive to your corporate clients’ needs, create longer-term consulting and coaching engagements, and increase the lifetime value of your clients.” username=”AngeliqueRewers”]
Hopefully this list inspires you to identify several additional tools or service offerings you can incorporate when working with your corporate clients to solve their critical business challenges.
Before you go, we’d love to know what additional service offerings from the list you’re inspired to add to your toolbox. Simply leave us a comment below.
And if you’re looking for help in creating a predictable pipeline, a great place to start is with our BoldHaus Collective program, which provides an all-in-one, cohesive system for winning corporate clients.